StatusCast allows you to utilize the SAML feature built into Google Admin so that you’re administrators and users don’t need to manage multiple passwords. To get started you will first need to login to Google Admin and search for SAML Apps. Add a new SAML app to your account.
Set both the ACS URL and Entity ID to https://[your_domain].status.page/sso/saml where [your_domain] is your StatusCast domain name. If your account utilizes a CNAME then set both values to https://[your_cname]/sso/saml. Set the Name ID to Basic Information and Primary Email, and set the Name ID Format to EMAIL. To complete the setup in StatusCast you will need this SAML app's SSO URL and x.509 certificate; click the Manage Certificates link to see this info.
In a new tab or window log into your StatusCast admin portal. Navigate to the Integrations section by clicking Settings > Integrations. Under the SSO card select the Install option. (https://[yourapp].status.page/admin/integrations/sso)
To complete the integration select the role you want to assign users first. You can assign user roles to allow permissions to view or access specific component data. You should go through this process for each role you will be using Google SSO for authentication in Statuscast
- Use the dropdown menu to choose Google SSO as the SSO provider (we'll be adding a Duo drop-down option soon, but the settings are the same)
- Enter your App ID for Statuscast found in Google SSO
- Enter the SSO Target URL unique the Google SSO App which you can find in the setup instructions labeled as your Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL.
- Optionally, you can add a Group Attribute (see Groups Attribute for details)
- Paste a copy of your X.509 Certificate into appropriate field in StatusCast.
- Select Install to save your configuration.
Now your Google SSO integration is complete and the users you granted access to can sign into StatusCast using their SSO credentials.
The URL paths for each of the roles are listed below:
Subscriber > https://[yourapp].status.page/login
Employee > https://[yourapp].status.page/login/employee
Manager > https://[yourapp].status.page/login/manager
Administrator > https://[yourapp].status.page/login/admin
Company Administrator > https://[yourapp].status.page/login/companyadmin
Updated 7 months ago